[LV.10]昇任副理

主題

帖子

1萬

積分

超級版主

eric、怪盜基德、黑羽快斗、KID、1412

積分

最佳新人活躍會員熱心會員突出貢獻優秀版主論壇元老支持烏克蘭輔導長守衛達人天文學家人氣達人足球顧問戰略專家攝影達人歷史學者發帖快手總監精華專家駕駛證書好市民時尚玩家時勢評論vip籃球顧問專欄作家新聞記者收藏家工卡小說家選修顧問回覆加分達人

發表於 2022-4-9 00:52:12 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

馬上註冊,結交更多好友,享用更多功能,讓你輕鬆玩轉社區。

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有賬號?立即註冊

x
    本帖最後由 eric955168 於 2022-4-16 19:17 編輯

A Father’s Prayer– by General Douglas MacArthur(麥克阿瑟為子【亞瑟.麥克阿瑟】祈禱文)

MacArthur_2800x1576.jpg
    美國陸軍五星上將道格拉斯.麥克阿瑟

Build me a son, O Lord, who will be strong enough to know when heis weak, and brave enough to face himself when he is afraid; one who will beproud and unbending in honest defeat, and humble and gentle in victory.
    (主啊!請陶冶我兒子,使他成為一個堅強的人,能夠知道自己什麼時候是軟弱的;使他成為一個勇敢的人,能夠在畏懼的時候認清自己,謀求補救;使他在誠實的失敗之中,能夠自豪而不屈,在獲得成功之際,能夠謙遜而溫和。)

Build me a son whose wishbone will not be where his backbone shouldbe; a son who will know Thee and that to know himself is the foundation stoneof knowledge.
    (請陶冶我的兒子,使他不要以願望代替實際作為;使他能夠認識主—並且曉得自知乃是知識的基石。)

Lead him, I pray, not in the path of ease and comfort, but underthe stress and spur of difficulties and challenge. Here let him learn to standup in the storm; here let him learn compassion for those who fail.
    我祈求,不要引導他走上安逸舒適的道路,而要讓他遭受困難與挑戰的磨鍊和策勵。讓他藉此學習在風暴之中挺立起來,讓他藉此學習對失敗的人加以同情。)

Build me a son whose heart will be clean, whose goal will be high;a son who will master himself before he seeks to master other men; one who willreach into the future, yet never forget the past.
    (請陶冶我的兒子,使他的心地純潔,目標高超;在企圖駕馭他人之前,先能駕馭自己;對未來善加籌畫,但是永不忘記過去。)

And after all these things are his, add, I pray, enough of a senseof humor, so that he may always be serious, yet never take himself tooseriously. Give him humility, so that he may always remember the simplicity ofgreatness, the open mind of true wisdom, the meekness of true strength.
    (在他把以上諸點都已做到之後,還要賜給他充分的幽默感,使他可以永遠保持嚴肅的態度,但絕不自視非凡,過於拘執。請賜給他謙遜,使他可以永遠記住真實偉大的樸實無華,真實智慧的虛懷若谷,和真實力量的溫和蘊藉。)

Then I, his father, will dare to whisper, "I have not lived invain".(然後,作為他的父親的我,才敢低聲說道:「我已不虛此生!」)

評分

參與人數 1威望 +10 金幣 +10 貢獻 +2 愛心 +2 收起 理由
    探馬 + 10 + 10 + 2 + 2 內容精彩加分獎勵!

查看全部評分

簽到~~~~~~
    回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|網路遊美國

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 22:17 , Processed in 0.202208 second(s), 26 queries .