[LV.10]昇任副理

主題

帖子

1萬

積分

超級版主

eric、怪盜基德、黑羽快斗、KID、1412

積分

最佳新人活躍會員熱心會員突出貢獻優秀版主論壇元老支持烏克蘭輔導長守衛達人天文學家人氣達人足球顧問戰略專家攝影達人歷史學者發帖快手總監精華專家駕駛證書好市民時尚玩家時勢評論vip籃球顧問專欄作家新聞記者收藏家工卡小說家選修顧問回覆加分達人

發表於 2022-4-9 00:30:08 | 顯示全部樓層 |閱讀模式

馬上註冊,結交更多好友,享用更多功能,讓你輕鬆玩轉社區。

您需要 登錄 才可以下載或查看,沒有賬號?立即註冊

x
    本帖最後由 eric955168 於 2022-4-9 20:46 編輯

Lou Gehrig's Farewell Speech洋基鐵馬賈里格告別演說:我是世界上最幸運的人

etylhom [原始大小].jpg
    193974日在洋基球場演說的「鐵馬Lou Gehrig

Ruth-Gehrig.jpg
    193974日在洋基球場演說的「鐵馬Lou Gehrig昔日隊友Babe RuthLou Gehrig一個擁抱

Fans, for the past two weeks you have been reading abouta bad break I got. Yet today I consider myself the luckiest man on the face ofthe earth.
    (球迷們,過去這兩個星期,你們都聽說了我的壞消息。但是,今天,我卻認為自己是世界上最幸運的人。)

I have been in ballparks for 17 years and have neverreceived anything but kindness and encouragement from you fans. Look at thesegrand men. Which of you wouldn't consider it the highlight of his career justto associate with them for even one day?
    (我在球場待了17年,我所收到的,全是你們球迷滿滿的愛護與鼓勵。看看這些高尚的人們,即使只有一天的時間能和他們相聚一堂,就是生命中最精彩的一刻,你們有誰不會這樣認為呢?)

Sure I'm lucky.(無疑地,我是很幸運的。)

Who wouldn't consider it an honor to have known JacobRuppert?Also, the builder of baseball's greatest empire, Ed Barrow?To have spent six years with that wonderful little fellow, MillerHuggins?Then to have spent the next nine years withthat outstanding leader, that smart student of psychology, the best manager inbaseball today, Joe McCarthy?
    (能與Jacob Ruppert【洋基球團老闆】相識,誰不會認為這是很榮幸的事?還有,能認識偉大棒球帝國的Ed Barrow【洋基隊球團經理】,不也是與有榮焉嗎?能和厲害的小個兒MillerHuggins【洋基隊總教練】一起度過6年的時間,不也是很榮幸的嗎?接著,我和Joe McCarthy【洋基隊總教練】相處了9年的時間,他是一個傑出的領導者,一個聰明的心理學學生,也是今日球壇最好的教練,這能不感到榮幸嗎?)

Sure I'm lucky.(無疑地,我是很幸運的。)

When the New York Giants, a team you would give yourright arm to beat, and vice versa, sends you a gift—that'ssomething. When everybody down to the groundskeepers and those boys in whitecoats remember you with trophies—that's something.
    (紐約巨人隊是一支你非常想打倒的隊伍,反之,他們也想打倒你。當他們送給你一份禮物時,這是意義非凡的。當每個球場的工作人員和穿著白色外套的球僮,記得你這個人以及你所獲得過的獎項,這是意義非凡的。)

When you have a wonderful mother-in-law who takes sideswith you in squabbles with her own daughter—that's something.
    (當你有一個很棒的岳母,她站在你這邊和她的女兒拌嘴時,這是意義非凡的。)

When you have a father and a mother who work all their lives so you can have an education and build your body—it's a blessing.
    (當你有一個爸爸和一個媽媽,他們辛勤工作以賺取你的教育費和伙食費時,這是蒙受天佑的。)

When you have a wife who has been a tower of strength andshown more courage than you dreamed existed—that's the finest Iknow.
    (當你有一個妻子,當她充滿無比的力量,展現出超乎想像的勇氣時,這是我所知道最美好的事情。)

So, I close in saying that I might have been given a badbreak, but I've got an awful lot to live for.
    (最後,我要講的是,我雖然聽到了壞消息,但我擁有這麼多我要好好為之活下去的東西。)

Thank you.(謝謝!)

評分

參與人數 1威望 +10 金幣 +10 貢獻 +2 愛心 +2 收起 理由
    探馬 + 10 + 10 + 2 + 2

查看全部評分

簽到~~~~~~
    回復

使用道具 舉報

您需要登錄後才可以回帖 登錄 | 立即註冊

本版積分規則

Archiver|手機版|小黑屋|網路遊美國

GMT+8, 2024-10-3 23:23 , Processed in 0.081976 second(s), 26 queries .